Hartsdale Neighbors Association (“HNA”) is a volunteer driven community based organization whose goal is to promote, advance and protect the interests of the property owners and residents across all Hartsdale neighborhoods. Our mission is to work towards protecting and enriching a quality of life that is expected, deserved and welcomed by those in our community.
- Next HNA General Meeting 5/8 @ 7:30pm- Topic will be the Greenburgh Central School District. We are lucky enough to be joined by Dr. Tahira Chase, Superintendent of the school district. Location to be confirmed. Please join us.
- 4 Corners Town Board Work Session was 4/10 at Town Hall. Over 50 people were in attendance. Watch online here. http://greenburghny.swagit.com/play/04102018-1591/#0
- Click here for a link for a summary of the proposal from Inspired Places LLC
- Four Corners Revitalization
- On 4/10, Inspired Places presented its vision for revitalizing the 4Corners intersection in Hartsdale. This presentation was given to the Town Board during a Town Work Session from at Town Hall with the town board and several current and former members of the planning board in attendance. Over 50 members of the public also attended the work session and at the end of the session Supervisor Feiner asked if it was possible for a written supplement to the Comprehensive Plane to be given to them within a few weeks. The Board appeared to be hoping to move forward with public hearings as soon as possible. This was the first important step in asking the Town to adopt a supplement to the comprehensive plan that would include the zoning changes required for revitalization. You can watch the presentation online here.
- Further details and the ability to join the conversation are on the dedicated Four Corners page. If you have not already signed the petition make sure to do so at the above link!
- Elmwood Country Club Property Development
- The former Elmwood Country Club has been sold to private real estate developers who are looking to develop the property. The property is currently zoned R-30 which allows for a variety of uses but is most often associated with single family detached homes. The developers have an as-of right to develop the property in this manner if they wish.
- The developer Ridgewood Real Estate Partners would like to see the property rezoned to allow them to build an “Active 55+ Adult community” with townhouses. This would allow them to build a higher density community and increase the number of units on the property. There are many issues at stake here including density, traffic, impact to Greenburgh schools, taxes (single family homes are taxed much higher then condos & townhouses), parkland, and more. It is also important to note that any zoning changes could lay the groundwork for similar projects in the future.
- Click here to see the town work session with the developers.
- Edgemont Incorporation
- Potential Edgemont Incorporation is the topic on everyone’s mind in Hartsdale and Unincorporated Greenburgh. Hartsdale Neighbors Association was first formed in response to Edgemont potentially becoming Greenburgh’s 7th Village.
- Currently tied up in litigation, if Edgemont were to incorporate, remaining residents in Hartsdale and Fairview could be facing a combination of severe services cuts, and tax increases. The latest news update is the proposed Village Incorporation law that New York State Assemblyman Tom Abinati has proposed in the New York Legislature. This bill would give Town Supervisor’s significant ability to limit new village incorporation and give residents of the remaining areas more say in the process. See this Lohud article or more details on the proposed bill.
- Confused about villages, towns, town outside village designations? Click here for some background on Hartsdale and the makeup of the Town of Greenburgh.
- Town Response to Storm Impact
- Check out the HNA statement on the towns response to the recent storms in our area and what we’d like to hear from our local officials.
Make sure you sign up for our email list to stay up to date on all the latest information on this topic. Have something you are interested in or what to know more about? Interested in working with us on one of our initiatives or something you are passionate about? Email us at email@example.com