Hartsdale Neighbors Association (“HNA”) is a volunteer driven community based organization whose goal is to promote, advance and protect the interests of the property owners and residents across all Hartsdale neighborhoods. Our mission is to work towards protecting and enriching a quality of life that is expected, deserved and welcomed by those in our community.
Greenburgh releases 2019 budget.
Click here to download a copy of the budget.
Click here to view the first public hearing on the budget from 11/28.
- Town Wide or A Budget(All Villages and Unincorporated Pay)
- Town Wide Expenditures jump from $18.8mm to $27mm.
- $7mm allocated for spending on a new Court House.
- $800k increase from $3.6 to $4.5mm in Employee Benefit Costs.
- $10mm from Fund Balance(Aka Reserves).
- TOV Budget or B Budget(Only Unincorporated Areas Pay)
- Expenditures jump from $76.7mm to $81.41mm.
- Expected Revenues decrease from $18.1mm to $16.3mm.
- Primarily reduction in expected building licenses and permits.
- $2mm budgeted for “Judgement and Claims”. Same as 2018.
- $3.2mm increase from $15.7mm to $18.9mm in Employee Benefit Costs.
- $920k increase in appropriations for Debt Service. $5mm of TOV Fund Balance(Aka Reserves)
- $50k for Four Corners Revitalization Traffic and Flood Studies.
More detailed analysis to come.
Current Initiatives:Updated 12/5/2018
- Four Corners Revitalization-
- On 10/24, the Town Board unanimously referred the Draft Study Vision Statement for the 4 Corners to the Planning Board for comment. The next step is for the Planning Board to review, listen to public comment, suggest changes, and refer back to the Town Board for approval. We thank everyone who has been involved in advocating for 4 Corners Revitalization. There is no reason whatsoever for this first step to have taken as long as it did, but we are finally moving forward. Rest assured this would not be happening without the HNA and your support.
- You can download a copy of the Draft Study here. Let us know what you think!
- Further details and the ability to join the conversation are on the dedicated Four Corners page. If you have not already signed the petition make sure to do so at the above link!
- Elmwood Country Club Property Development
- Ridgewood Realty, the private developer who purchased the Elmwood property with an eye to redevelop it into an Active 55+ Townhome community recently met with the Planning Board. This was despite the fact, that just like 4C, the Town Board has not moved to act on this proposal. Click here to read the Letter to the Editor in the Scarsdale Inquirer by HNA President Eric Zinger on this subject. We believe whether you are for or against the requesting PUD and zoning change, the Town Board should take a position and provide clarity.
- The developer has submitted their plans to the town and met with the Town Planning Board informally in August. It is now pending action from the Town Board to move forward in the process.
- The former Elmwood Country Club has been sold to private real estate developers who are looking to develop the property. The property is currently zoned R-30 which allows for a variety of uses but is most often associated with single family detached homes. The developers have an as-of right to develop the property in this manner if they wish.
- The developer Ridgewood Real Estate Partners would like to see the property rezoned to allow them to build an “Active 55+ Adult community” with townhouses. This would allow them to build a higher density community and increase the number of units on the property. There are many issues at stake here including density, traffic, impact to Greenburgh schools, taxes (single family homes are taxed much higher then condos & townhouses), parkland, and more. It is also important to note that any zoning changes could lay the groundwork for similar projects in the future.
- Click here to see the town work session with the developers.
- Edgemont Incorporation-
- Edgemont Incorporation Committee filed their request to appeal the recent ruling by the Appellate Division, Second Department which deemed Supervisor Feiners rejection of the petition legally sufficient. That ruling overturned the trial court decision where the EIC had prevailed. The motion was filed with the Court of Appeals, the highest court in the state, which will now decide if they wish to hear the case. You can read the filing here. We will continue to keep you updated on this important story.
- If you are new to this topic, Click here to see the HNA Presentation on the potential impact of Edgemont Incorporation on the rest of Unincorporated Greenburgh and Hartsdale.
- Potential Edgemont Incorporation is the topic on everyone’s mind in Hartsdale and Unincorporated Greenburgh. Hartsdale Neighbors Association was first formed in response to Edgemont potentially becoming Greenburgh’s 7th Village. Confused about villages, towns, town outside village designations? Click here for some background on Hartsdale and the makeup of the Town of Greenburgh.
- Greenburgh School Updates- On Tuesday, December 4, Greenburgh Central School District’s Board of Education unanimously approved a 2019 Capital Project proposal to go before voters on February 12, 2019.The referendum, which would consolidate the district into one unified campus, represents a more fiscally conservative plan than an earlier version that had been presented. This scaled-back proposal has a reduced cost of $114.6 million.
The proposal is a scaled-down version of the previously discussed plan. It retains many of the critical details of the original, including the unification of all Greenburgh schools on one campus. An all-new school will be built for grades 3 through 8. Additions and renovations will be carried out at Lee F. Jackson School, which will serve our pre-K through grade 2 students.
Full press release is on the GCSD website here.
Make sure you sign up for our email list to stay up to date on all the latest information on this topic. Have something you are interested in or what to know more about? Interested in working with us on one of our initiatives or something you are passionate about? Email us at email@example.com